Court Services

Legal Advice
If you are in need of legal advice, please contact a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, you may contact the Attorney Information and Referral Service of the State Bar of Wisconsin for the name of a lawyer.
We Will…
• Explain and answer questions about how municipal court works.
• Give you general information about court rules, procedures, and practices. 
• Provide court schedules and how to have a hearing scheduled.
• Provide information from a case file as long as the case is not confidential.
• Provide you with available court forms and instructions and check your forms for completeness.
• Give information about court deadlines. 

We Cannot…
• Recommend what actions to take.
• Recommend what words to use for your court papers or what to say in court.
• Research or interpret the law for you.
• Apply the law to the fact of your case.
• Talk to the judge / city attorney outside of court for you.
• Take sides in a case.
• Change an order signed by the judge.
• Change deadlines for you.
• Provide court / citation information from any other municipality.
The court, including the judge and all court staff must remain impartial. We do not take sides in any matter coming before the court.

It is your responsibility to update the court with your current address and telephone information. If your information changes, let the court know immediately so you may receive information regarding your citations